(Adds Banco BPM, Ecopetrol)
Aug 6 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Thursday:
** Canadian drugmaker Bausch Health Companies Inc BHC.TO said it would spin off its eye care unit, Bausch + Lomb, into a separate publicly listed company, seven years after acquiring it for nearly $9 billion. The Zambian subsidiary of Nigeria's Access Bank ACCESS.LG has agreed to buy Cavmont Capital Holdings CCHZ.LZ , the Zambian arm of Namibian financial services group Capricorn, for a nominal fee of 1 kwacha ($0.0014), Capricorn said. Hedge fund Davidson Kempner said again it will not be tendering its shares in Qiagen QIA.DE , days after Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO ) TMO.N said its offer to buy the German genetic test maker expires soon. Banco BPM BAMI.MI , Italy's third-largest bank, is on alert for expected further consolidation in the banking sector following Intesa Sanpaolo 's ISP.MI takeover of smaller rival UBI, the bank's chief executive said. Microsoft Corp MSFT.O is chasing a deal to buy all of TikTok's global business, the Financial Times reported, citing five people with knowledge of the talks. Dutch pensions manager APG said it has agreed to buy British real estate company Hammerson Plc's HMSO.L stake in VIA Outlets for 301 million euros. South African mobile operator MTN Group MTNJ.J will exit the Middle East in the medium term, it said, starting with the sale of its 75% stake in MTN Syria, as part of plans to focus on Africa. Swedish polymer product and component maker Nolato NOLAb.ST said it had agreed to buy U.S. medical technology company GW Plastics. Glencore (LON: GLEN ) has no plans to spin off its gold business but remains open to selling gold-producing Kazzinc, like any other asset, at the right price, the chief executive said. Colombia could sell some of its stakes in more than 170 businesses to boost investment and increase development, President Ivan Duque said, adding that any decision to dispose of part of oil company Ecopetrol ECO.CN would be for the company's board to make.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.