(Adds Elliott Management, Vista Equity Partners; Updates ABC)
Sept 8 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Tuesday:
** Hedge fund Elliott Management Corp has acquired a stake in Noble Energy Inc NBL.O , the oil and gas producer which agreed in July to be bought by Chevron Corp (NYSE: CVX ) CVX.N for $5 billion. U.S. private equity firm Vista Equity Partners has sold a portion of its stake in third-party remote access software company SecureLink Inc to Cove Hill Partners, people familiar with the matter said. Bahrain's Bank ABC ABCB.BH said it was in preliminary talks to buy Blom Bank's BLOM.BY Egyptian subsidiary, pitting it against Dubai's Emirates NBD ENBD.DU , which is also a potential bidder. Greek gas grid DESFA, 66% owned by a consortium led by Italy's Snam SRG.MI , is interested in buying a stake in an offshore liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in northern Greece, people familiar with the matter said. Brazilian healthcare company Hapvida HAPV3.SA has agreed to buy multiple assets, including three hospital facilities and seven clinics owned by Minas Gerais-based Promed, it said in a securities filing. General Motors Co (NYSE: GM ) GM.N said it was acquiring an 11% stake in U.S. electric truck maker Nikola Corp NKLA.O , worth about $2 billion, and will team up with the company to make a pick-up truck. Japanese fast-food group Colowide 7616.T said it had succeeded in a hostile takeover of Ootoya 2705.T , after offering a generous premium to persuade investors to set aside fears that a deal would hurt the home-style dining chain's food quality. South African drugmaker Aspen Pharmacare APNJ.J has agreed to sell the rights to its European thrombosis business to U.S. pharmaceutical company Mylan MYL.O for almost 642 million euros ($759 million), sending its shares up 7% on Tuesday. EU antitrust regulators have set a new Dec. 16 deadline for their decision on the London Stock Exchange 's LSE.L $27 billion takeover of data company Refinitiv after resuming their investigation into the deal. South Africa's Shoprite Holdings SHPJ.J said on Tuesday it expected to close or dispose of its remaining two stores in Kenya in the year ahead, leaving the East African country after opening its first store there more than two years ago. Southeast Asia's Grab is in advanced talks with Prudential PLC PRU.L , AIA Group Ltd 1299.HK and others as it seeks $300 million to $500 million in investment for its financial services unit, people with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters. Australian zinc miner New Century Resources Ltd NCZ.AX said on Tuesday it will not proceed with the acquisition of Vale Nouvelle-Caledonie's (VNC) nickel and cobalt mines on the Pacific island of New Caledonia, knocking its shares lower.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.