Dec 21 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1130 GMT on Monday:
** RealPage Inc RP.O said it would be bought by private-equity firm Thoma Bravo in an all-cash transaction that valued the property management software provider at about $10.2 billion, including debt. South Africa's Sasol SOLJ.J said it had agreed to sell its stake in a Mozambique power plant to Nigeria's Azura Power for $145 million. South African drug-store chain Dis-Chem Pharmacies DCPJ.J said it would take stakes in two software firms and had signed a deal to buy healthcare group Medicare Health for 282 million rand ($19.13 million) to expand its business. Spanish energy group Naturgy NTGY.MC is considering teaming up with Germany's Allianz ALVG.DE to buy PPL Corp (NYSE: PPL )'s PPL.N British subsidiary Western Power Distribution, the Expansion newspaper reported, citing unnamed sources. Deloitte, the administrators of collapsed British fashion group Arcadia Group, said it has agreed the sale of its Evans brand, e-commerce and wholesale business to City Chic Collective Limited for 23 million pounds ($31 million). Vodafone VOD.L said it had ended talks with the Saudi Telecom Company 7010.SE on the $2.4 billion sale of its 55% shareholding in Vodafone Egypt VODE.CA after a series of missed deadlines to complete the deal. A fund backed by Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS ) Infrastructure Partners has made a cash offer to buy Germany's Tele Columbus AG TC1n.DE in an agreed deal that values the fibre network operator at over 400 million euros ($487.84 million), Tele Columbus said. Norwegian energy firm Statkraft said it has agreed to construct two onshore wind farms in Ireland and to sell them upon completion to Dublin-listed investment group Greencoat Renewables GRPG.I for 123 million euros ($150 million). Finnish gaming firm Rovio ROVIO.HE , known for its Angry Birds games, said it had named Alexandre Pelletier-Normand as its chief executive, taking over from Kati Levoranta in January. Troubled hospital operator NMC Health said it agreed to sell its Spain-based fertility business Eugin Group to European hospital operator Fresenius Helios for an enterprise value of 430 million euros. Talks between the Co-Op Bank's majority shareholders and a potential buyer of the British lender have now ended, the company said without disclosing any reason for the discussions falling through. Fiat Chrysler FCHA.MI and French rival PSA PEUP.PA gained EU antitrust approval for their $38 billion merger to create the world's No.4 carmaker after pledging to boost Japanese rival Toyota Motor 7203.T . Traveloka, Southeast Asia's largest online travel app, said it was looking to go public soon and was evaluating a merger with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) as a possible stock-market listing option. Rent-A-Center Inc RCII.O said it would buy Acima Holdings LLC for $1.65 billion in a cash-and-stock deal as it looks to build out its fintech platform across traditional and online lease-to-own businesses.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.