Jan 20 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1400 GMT on Wednesday:
** Brazilian group Ultrapar Participacoes SA UGPA3.SA is leading talks to acquire Petrobras' PETR4.SA refinery Refap in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, both companies said in filings, confirming the negotiations first reported by Reuters earlier. Washington H. Soul Pattinson and Co SOL.AX said it withdrew a sweetened bid to buy Regis Healthcare REG.AX after the old-age home operator rejected the proposal, saying it "materially undervalued" the company. Laser and optical fiber specialist Lumentum Holdings Inc LITE.O said on Tuesday it would acquire laser manufacturer Coherent Inc COHR.O in a $5.7 billion deal, as it looks to penetrate deeper into the fast-growing laser and photonics market. Colombia's majority state-owned oil company Ecopetrol ECO.CN has sold its 50% stake in Offshore International Group (OIG) via a share purchase agreement with a subsidiary of De Jong Capital LLC, it said. South African wine, cider and spirits company Distell DGHJ.J will soon be able to offer cannabidiol-infused drinks after taking a 20% stake in cannabis wellness business RETHINK, it said. Japanese advertising giant Dentsu Group Inc 4324.T said it is considering the sale of its Tokyo headquarters, which local media said could fetch around 300 billion yen ($2.9 billion). New York-listed Best Inc BEST.N , a Chinese logistics firm backed by e-commerce giant Alibaba (NYSE: BABA ) Group Holding Ltd BABA.N , is considering a sale as part of a strategic review, six people with knowledge of the matter said. British Airways and Iberia owner International Airlines Group ICAG.L has agreed to buy Spain's Air Europa for 500 million euros ($606.7 million), after the pandemic cut the price in half and IAG struck a deal to defer payment for six years. Italy's Poste Italiane PST.MI said it had agreed to buy a 51% stake in Chinese cross-border logistics company Sengi Express from Hong Kong-based Cloud Seven Holding Ltd Commerzbank CBKG.DE said that it would widen its partnership with Microsoft MSFT.O by putting a significant portion of its applications in the cloud over the next five years. Norway's Equinor EQNR.OL said it has sold its stake in Athabasca Oil ATH.TO , a Canadian firm producing carbon-intensive oil sands.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.