Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
May 12 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1000 GMT on Wednesday:
Danone ( DANO.PA ), under pressure from investment funds over its returns, will sell a 9.8% stake in China Mengniu Dairy Company ( 2319.HK ), the food group said.
Private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) has agreed to buy London-listed UDG Healthcare ( UDG.L ) for 2.6 billion pounds ($3.7 billion), the pharmaceuticals services company said.
The Polish state will increase its stake in PKN Orlen ( PKN.WA ) to 50% as part of its plan for the refiner to take over smaller peer Grupa Lotos ( LTSP.WA ) and gas company PGNiG ( PGN.WA ), the state assets minister said.
Amsterdam-based technology investor Prosus NV (JO: PRXJn ) ( PRX.AS ) announced plans to acquire up to 45.4% of shares in its parent Naspers ( NPNJn.J ) of South Africa by issuing new Prosus shares in a deal aimed at moving part of the value of their massive stake in Tencent ( 0700.HK ) to Europe from Africa.
Japan's oil and metals giant Eneos Holdings Inc ( 5020.T ) will exit the coal mining business and sell some stakes in upstream oil assets, along with real estate and securities by March 2023 to improve cash flow, its president said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or