Shares of Dhanlaxmi Bank soared by 12% on Tuesday, buoyed by a robust September quarter report. The bank's deposits grew by 8.2% to reach INR 13,789 crore while gross advances climbed by 13.2% to INR 10,312 crore. This financial boost comes amidst a challenging time for the bank as it deals with internal strife. Sridhar Kalyanasundaram, an independent director of the bank, stepped down from his position due to allegations of unethical conduct and ongoing board conflicts.
The recent events underscore a period of growth and turbulence for the bank. The bank's financial performance has shown resilience, despite the controversy surrounding Kalyanasundaram's resignation. The strong quarterly update has been reflected in the bank's stock performance, which experienced a significant uplift. According to InvestingPro's real-time metrics, Dhanlaxmi Bank has seen a high return over the last year and is currently trading near its 52-week high.
The increase in deposits and advances indicates a positive response from customers and investors alike. InvestingPro Tips suggest that Dhanlaxmi Bank, though quickly burning through cash, has managed to maintain low earnings quality, with free cash flow trailing net income. This, coupled with the bank's valuation implying a poor free cash flow yield, might be a point of concern for potential investors. Yet, the bank has shown a strong return over the last three months, which is a positive sign for its future performance.
It remains to be seen how the bank will navigate through its internal issues and maintain this momentum in the coming quarters. For more insights like these, consider subscribing to InvestingPro, which offers access to over 10 additional tips on Dhanlaxmi Bank and other companies.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.