Discovery (JO: DSBPp ) Bank and Vitality Money clients spent 600 million Discovery Miles, adding up to R100 million in purchases, this November, according to the CEO of Discovery Vitality.
Discovery Bank extended its Discovery Miles Đ-Day, held on the 15th of every month, to include the full Black Friday weekend from 26 to 28 November. Miles Đ-Day is an opportunity for Discovery Bank and Vitality Money clients to get up to 40% off when spending their Discovery Miles in-store or online at partners – giving clients unprecedented discounts.
“We’re pleased that our clients spent significantly at our partner stores, which was valuable economically. Clients can earn Discovery Miles in many ways, but mostly by getting healthier, driving well and spending responsibly,” Chief executive officer of Vitality, Dinesh Govender, said.
“This means that this R100 million spend value was achieved by our clients simply for living well.”
Real savings encourage spend
Early indications were that spend trends would be lower in 2021 versus Black Friday weekend in 2020. However, online payment gateway PayFast reported a 30% increase in the value of transactions it processed.
“We also noticed that clients transferred Discovery Miles to others and then ‘burned’ or spent them, rather than choosing to convert them into cash in November,” said Govender.
The analytics also show that spend patterns and volumes on Black Friday, 26 November, were similar to those on Miles Đ-Day, 15 November. “This tells us that the monthly Miles Đ-Day event is as valuable to our clients and to our partners as an annual Black Friday event,” said Govender.
The top retailers where clients spent Discovery Miles online, seeing 73% of transactions, were:
- Sportsmans Warehouse
The top retailers where clients spent Discovery Miles in-store, were:
- Sportsmans Warehouse
- Pick n Pay (JO: PIKJ )
- Cape Union Mart
- Incredible Connection
- Sunglass Hut
- Clicks (JO: CLSJ )
- The Foschini Group (JO: TFGJ )
- The Golfers Club
“The list of top retailers is a clear indication that clients spent on essentials as well as on big‑ticket spoils for themselves and their families ahead of the festive season. In tough economic times, we value being able to reward Vitality members’ engagement in our behaviour-change programmes and we applaud our members’ commitment to healthier living, driving well and responsible financial choices,” added Govender.
With Discovery Bank and Vitality, Discovery Miles are more versatile – and with the additional discounts – the Miles are more valuable than cash. On regular shopping days, Vitality Money members already enjoy between 5% and 20% off when they spend their Discovery Miles at online and in-store partners. A client’s saving is based on whether they’ve activated Vitality Health, Vitality Drive, and Vitality Money, and if they have a Discovery Bank Suite.
Vitality Health and Vitality Drive members can also enjoy the ability to spend Discovery Miles at in‑store and online partners when they open a Discovery Bank account and activate Vitality Money.
The post Discovery Bank And Vitality Money Clients Spent 600 Million Discovery Miles This November appeared first on TechFinancials - Reliable Tech News In South Africa .
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.