By Liz Moyer
Investing.com - DocuSign (NASDAQ: DOCU ) beat expectations for earnings and revenue in the third quarter.
Adjusted earnings per share of 57 cents were 15 cents higher than the average analyst estimate. Revenue for the quarter came in at $645.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $627M and up 18.3% from the same time last year.
Shares of DocuSign jumped 16% in after-hours trading, and are down 71% so far this year.
"We delivered solid third quarter results, and are pleased with the continued progress against our critical priorities," said Allan Thygesen, CEO of DocuSign, in a statement.
Billings rose 17% from the same time last year, to $659.4M, which is higher than previous guidance.
DocuSign forecast fourth quarter 2023 revenue of $637M to $641M. It forecast fiscal year 2023 revenue of $2.493 billion to $2.497B.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.