DOMS Industries Limited, a Mumbai-based company known for its range of scholastic stationery and office supplies, has received approval from the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) valued at ₹12 billion. The announcement made today indicates that the company is poised for significant expansion, with plans to utilize the funds for establishing new production facilities aimed at broadening its product offerings, including water colour pens.
The IPO consists of a fresh issue amounting to ₹3,500 million and an Offer for Sale (OFS) of ₹8,500 million, with corporate promoter F.I.L.A. S.p.A planning to sell shares worth ₹8,000 million. Additionally, individual stakeholders Sanjay and Ketan Rajani are each expected to divest shares totaling ₹250 million. This strategic move is set to enhance DOMS Industries' manufacturing capabilities, particularly in the writing and coloring tools segment.
The company's decision to go public follows a period of robust revenue growth from Fiscal Year 2020 to 2022. DOMS Industries has successfully captured a significant market share in pencils as indicated by FY23 data. With a multi-channel distribution network that reaches over 115,000 retail points across the nation, the company's presence in the Indian market is extensive.
A consortium of book runners, including JM Financial, BNP Paribas (OTC: BNPQY ), ICICI Securities, and IIFL Securities, is managing the IPO process.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.