By Oliver Gray
Investing.com - U.S. stock index futures were slightly lower during Tuesday's evening deals after the major averages bounced back in regular trading hours, with market participants attempting to buy the dip following weeks of selling.
In extended deals, La-Z-Boy Incorporated (NYSE: LZB ) popped 11% as the company’s reported Q4 results. EPS came in at $1.07, above consensus estimates of $0.92, while revenue came in at $684.6 million versus $664 million expected.
Ahead in the session, Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell is set to testify before Congress in the first of two sessions, while KB Home (NYSE: KBH ) is set to post earnings results after the market closes.
Energy companies led the gains following a lift in oil prices, with Diamondback Energy Inc (NASDAQ: FANG ) up 8.2%, Exxon Mobil Corp (NYSE: XOM ) gaining 6.2% and ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP ) lifting 5.9%.
On the bond markets, United States 10-Year rates were at 3.279%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.