Dow futures little changed, Chegg tanks 21.5% after earnings
By Oliver Gray
Investing.com - U.S. stock futures were trading in a tight range during Monday’s evening deals, after major benchmark averages finished the regular session lower as rising yields put pressure on risk-sensitive assets ahead of key speeches set to be delivered by Federal Reserve officials later in Tuesday's session.
By 18:30 ET (23:30 GMT) Dow Jones futures , S&P 500 futures , and Nasdaq 100 futures were trading in a range of 0.1%.
In extended deals, Chegg (NYSE: CHGG ) fell 21.5% after the company reported Q4 EPS of $0.40 versus $0.36 expected on revenues of $205.2 million versus $202.12M expected.
Pinterest (NYSE: PINS ) dipped 2.8% after reporting Q4 EPS of $0.29 versus $0.27 expected on revenues of $877.21M versus $887.01M expected.
Skyworks Solutions (NASDAQ: SWKS ) added 2.5% after reporting Q1 EPS of $2.59, in-line with expectations, while revenues were reported at $1.33 billion versus $1.32B.
Ahead in Tuesday's session, market participants will be monitoring fresh trade balance data as well as speeches from Fed Chair Powell and Vice Fed Chair Barr .
On the earnings front, companies including BP PLC (NYSE: BP ) and Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (NYSE: CMG ) are set to report quarterly results.
During Monday's regular trade, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 35 points or 0.1% to 33,891, the S&P 500 fell 25.4 points or 0.6% to 4,111.1, and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 119.5 points or 1% to 11,887.5.
On the bond markets, United States 10-Year rates were at 3.644%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or