Investing.com - U.S. stock futures were trading higher during Monday's evening deals after major benchmark averages remained closed for a public holiday, with news of a tentative deal between the Joe Biden administration and Republican lawmakers boosting sentiment.
Ahead in Tuesday's trade, market participants will be monitoring fresh housing price index and CB consumer confidence data, as well as earnings results from companies including HP Inc (NYSE: HPQ ), Box Inc (NYSE: BOX ), and U-Haul Holding Co (NYSE: UHAL ).
On the bond markets, United States 10-Year rates were at 3.769%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.