By Dhirendra Tripathi
Investing.com - DraftKings (NASDAQ: DKNG ) shares jumped 9% on Wednesday after reports that Cathie Wood's ARK and the Norwegian sovereign wealth fund were buying the company’s shares.
Adding to the optimism, a number of analysts Increased their target prices for the stock.
Wood and her ARK Invest have bought 949,200 shares of DraftKings for the ARK Innovation ETF (NYSE: ARKK ), according to Seeking Alpha.
According to Yahoo (NASDAQ: AABA ), Norway's sovereign wealth fund, which owns $1.3 trillion of equities worldwide, has added DraftKings to its portfolio.
Rosenblatt Securities analyst Bernie McTernan on Wednesday reiterated his ‘buy’ rating on DraftKings with a price target of $81, which is approximately 19% above the present share price.
Needham & Company analyst Chris Pierce has reiterated a ‘buy’ with a price target of $80, as per Benzinga.
The current consensus among 21 analysts tracked by TipRanks is for a ‘moderate buy’ rating of shares in DraftKings, with an average price target of $71. Price targets range from a high of $105 to a low of $41.
Stocks that could gain from the reopening of the economy or a faster Covid-19 vaccine rollout are finding favor with the investors. DraftKings could be among the bigger beneficiaries as states contemplate making mobile gaming and sports betting legal.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.