JOHANNESBURG, June 8 (ANA)
FNB Business and Endeavor South Africa on Friday announced Saryx Engineering Group (SEG) as the overall winner of the 2018 FNB Business Innovation Awards (FNB BIA).
SEG founded by two female entrepreneurs, Ingrid Osborne and Julie Mathieson, Saryx offers innovative solutions to help companies of all sizes track document compliance and share documents securely.
"Being chosen as a winner among the nine great businesses fundamentally affirms our business model. We have done some amazing work and continue to evolve while moving the needle in the industry using new innovate and technological tools," said Osborne.
Mathieson added: "Winning this award is a step in the right direction to access global markets. We are very excited about the future and the opportunities that this accolade will afford our business".
CEO of FNB Business Mike Vacy-Lyle said they will sponsor Ingrid Osborne and Julie Mathieson to participate at the coveted two-day Endeavor International Selection Panel (ISP) in Argentina this year in September 2018. ISP brings together high-impact entrepreneurs to present their business to world-leading business personalities for a chance to be part of an exclusive global network.
He said FNB Business Innovation Awards was an incredible platform that showcases business excellence and the potential of South Africa's entrepreneurs.
"Since the launch of the awards in 2015, we have seen winners and finalists go on to become thought leaders and employment creators in their respective industries. This attests to the ability of the initiative to enable businesses with the highest potential to scale to access global markets. Congratulations to (SEG) for winning this prestigious award and to all the businesses that took part in this year's competition,"said Vacy-Lyle.
Managing Director of Endeavor South Africa Catherine Townshend congratulated Osborne and Mathieson on a remarkable journey in founding and building the business to this point. Through Endeavor and the exposure at the ISP,
"We are confident that they will be even more motivated to think bigger and engage with a network of like-minded ambitious entrepreneurs that are driven to build a local business with a global footprint".
"The FNB Business Innovation Awards is a celebration of the remarkable journeys of some of our country's entrepreneurial role models. These founders are committed to building successful local businesses that drive much needed economic growth and job creation," concluded Townshend.
-African News Agency (ANA)
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.