EngageSmart, a provider of SaaS solutions, concluded its "go-shop" period today without receiving any competing acquisition proposals. The company had entered a definitive merger agreement with Vista Equity Partners through Icefall Parent, LLC and Icefall Merger Sub, Inc. The agreed purchase price is set at $23 per share in cash.
The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of next year. Once completed, EngageSmart will transition from a public company to a privately held entity under the majority control of Vista Equity Partners, which manages over $101 billion in enterprise software assets.
During the go-shop phase, Evercore served as the financial advisor to EngageSmart's Special Committee, while Skadden provided legal counsel. Goldman Sachs was appointed as the exclusive financial advisor for EngageSmart. BofA Securities and J.P. Morgan advised Vista on the deal, with Kirkland & Ellis offering legal advice. Additionally, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison counseled General Atlantic, which holds $77 billion in assets and focuses on growth enterprises.
EngageSmart's diverse client base includes over 119,600 customers across various sectors as of the end of September. The company offers solutions like SimplePractice that cater to industries including Health & Wellness.
The merger is advancing as planned based on an agreement dated October, with necessary documentation such as a preliminary proxy statement already filed with the SEC in anticipation of an upcoming shareholder meeting. Following the acquisition, EngageSmart is set to continue its mission under new ownership.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.