Coin Edition -
- Ethereum put forward proposals for the next upgrade after the Ethereum Merge.
- The new Upgrade is the Ethereum Shanghai Upgrade intended to improve the network’s scalability.
- The upgrade also aims at reducing transfer rates and gas fees.
After the successful completion of the long awaited Etherum Merge in September 2022, the blockchain as initiated the next upgrade, the Etherum Shanghai Upgrade which is scheduled for the second half of 2023.
While the Ethereum Merge was an attempt by the blockchain to transfer the Proof-of-Work to Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism, the Shanghai Upgrade intends ti bring a bunch of critical updates and significant changes to the blockhain in its EVM functionalities.
During a weekly meeting in October 2022, the Ethereum developers discussed about the details of the new upgrade and came up with the features required to be included.
Consequently, the Etherum Foundation java Script Team tweeted about the launch of a “pre-Shanghai testnet”, called Shandong, that will be used to test an finalize the Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs):
We are happy to announce the launch of an early Pre-Shanghai testnet we are calling &quo ...
The post Ethereum Developers Approve EIPs: Shanghai Upgrade in 2023 appeared first on Coin Edition.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.