FactSet Research Systems, a data and analytics provider based in Norwalk, Connecticut, has released its financial outlook for the upcoming fiscal year, revealing an anticipated increase in earnings per share but falling short of analysts' expectations due to escalating expenses.
The company expects earnings per share for fiscal 2024 to range between $14.20 and $14.70, marking an increase from the previous fiscal year's earnings of $12.03 per share. However, adjusted earnings for the forthcoming year are projected to fall between $15.65 and $16.15 per share, which is below analysts' prediction of $16.70 per share.
On the revenue front, FactSet has set its targets for fiscal 2024 between $2.21 billion and $2.23 billion. This estimate is marginally lower than the analysts' forecast of $2.23 billion according to a survey conducted by FactSet itself. In comparison, the company's revenue for fiscal 2023 was reported at $2.09 billion.
Further emphasizing its growth strategy, FactSet anticipates an increase in the organic annual subscription value plus professional services between $130 million and $175 million during fiscal 2024. This projection underscores the company's strategic focus on expanding its subscription base and enhancing its professional services portfolio.
The modest financial outlook presented by FactSet Research Systems reflects the company's ongoing struggle with rising operational costs as it continues to innovate and expand its data products and analytics offerings.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.