Investing.com - The dollar edged higher ahead of the outcome of the
The dollar index was up 0.15% at 98.93 at 02:45 ET.
The Fed is expected to leave monetary policy unchanged.
Investors are looking for any hints on the possibility of a June hike.
Investing.com's gives the odds of a June hike at 63.8%.
The dollar was above 112 yen with Japan closed for an extended holiday.
The euro edged lower but held the $1.09 mark ahead preliminary euro-zone Q1 GDP data.
Polls show market-friendly candidate Emmanuel Macron winning the French presidential run-off on Sunday.
The kiwi was steady against the dollar after upbeat New Zealand employment data.
The pound was under pressure at below $1.29.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.