South Africa's rand, bonds little changed, stocks set to open higher
JOHANNESBURG, April 23, (Reuters) - South Africa's rand was little changed in early trade on Tuesday with investors refraining from making large bets as markets reopened after Monday's holiday.
* At 0642 GMT, the rand ZAR=D3 traded at 14.1550 versus the dollar, 0.04 percent firmer than its overnight close in New York.
South African markets were closed on Monday for a public holiday.
* Government bonds were also flat, with the yield on benchmark 2026 paper ZAR186= at 8.465 percent.
* Stocks were set to open higher at 0700 GMT, with the Johannesburg Stock Exchange's Top-40 futures index ALSIc1 up 0.45 percent.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or