(For a live blog on European stocks, type LIVE/ in an Eikon news window)
* FTSE 100 down 0.1%, FTSE 250 flat
Aug 19 (Reuters) - London's FTSE 100 dipped on Wednesday as lower oil prices dented trading in energy stocks, while investors digested a surprise rise in domestic inflation last month.
The mid-cap FTSE 250 .FTMC was flat as data showed inflation jumped last month to its highest rate since March with clothing stores refraining from their usual summer discounts after reopening from coronavirus lockdowns. scarce company news, precious metals miner Hochschild Mining Plc HOCM.L slumped 5.5% as it posted a lower revenue for the first half of the year.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.