Authorities are probing a murder in which a teenager was the victim.
The Heinz Park community is reeling following the killing of a 14-year-old girl in the area.
The teen’s body was found in her grandmother’s backyard on Sunday morning.
No arrests have yet been made.
Heinz Park youth leader Tashreeq Perry said the teen girl’s murder rocked the community.
“It has left our communities speechless. People just stood around the house, asking questions. She was a sweet girl and wouldn’t hurt a fly.”
Perry said he last saw the deceased on Saturday afternoon when she told him she was going to attend a party in Mitchells Plain that night.
He said according to the girl’s friend, they attended the party and a taxi dropped them back in Heinz Park in the early hours of Sunday morning. Just hours later, her body was found in her grandmother’s backyard.
Meanwhile, no arrests have yet been made in connection with the murders of a 19-year-old girl and her elderly grandfather whose bodies were found in a flat in Parow on Friday morning.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.