German stocks - Factors to watch on September 4
(Adds index changes)
BERLIN/FRANKFURT, Sept 4 (Reuters) - The following are some of the factors that may move German stocks on Friday:
The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany increased by 782 to 246,948, data from the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for infectious diseases showed. PFE (NYSE: PFE ).N should know in October if a COVID-19 vaccine it is developing works, Chief Executive Albert Bourla said, potentially placing it at the centre of bitter presidential politics ahead of the Nov. 3 election. quantities of vaccines could be produced by 28 manufacturers in 10 countries over the next two years to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.N. children's agency said. CHANGES
Shop Apotheke SAEG.DE and Wacker Chemie WCHG.DE will be included in the MDAX, replacing RTL RRTL.DE and Aareal Bank ARLG.DE , which will both be listed in the SDAX .
In the SDAX, Global Fashion Group GFG.DE replaces Steinhoff (JO: SNHJ ) SNHG.DE , Medios ILM1k.DE replaces Bertrandt BDTG.DE and Secunet Security Networks YSNG.DE replaces Atoss Software AOFG.DE .
QuantumScape, the 10-year-old Silicon Valley battery startup backed by Volkswagen, said it plans to go public through a reverse merger with Kensington Capital Acquisition KCAC.N with an enterprise value of $3.3 billion.
The residential real estate company said it was seeking to raise about 1 billion euros by offering new shares to institutional investors, with proceeds to be used to repay debt due in the fourth quarter. It said shares were placed at a price of 59 euros per share. WDIG.DE
German prosecutors have dropped their investigation into journalists of the Financial Times in connection with its reporting on the corporate fraud at payments firm Wirecard that eventually led to its collapse. STOCK MARKETS
Dow Jones .DJI -2.8%, S&P 500 .SPX -3.5%, Nasdaq .IXIC -5% at close. .N
Nikkei .N225 -1.3%, Shanghai stocks .SSEC -1.4%. .T .SS
Time: 5:09 GMT
GERMAN ECONOMIC DATA
German July industrial orders due at about 0600 GMT. Seen +5.0% m/m
REUTERS TOP NEWS TOP/NEWS
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or