Highly anticipated release of Brand Africa 100 2023, reveals Africa’s 100 top brands. The report compiled by Brand Africa, in collaboration with Geopoll, Kantar, and Brand Leadership, presents the most comprehensive ranking of the most admired brands across Africa.
As the African economy continues to thrive, recognising some of the most prolific brands that captivated the hearts and minds of the African people is well worth celebrating.
The data collected in the survey reflects 32 African countries which represents 85% of the countries GDP and population. It is a comprehensive reflection of brand perception and affinity among the diverse African consumer base.
Here are the top highlights from Brand Africa’s 100 2023 Survey :
- Despite optimism with the progress of AfCFTA and other initiatives to drive African initiatives, African brands regressed by 20% from a 10 year high of 17% to 14% share of the top 100 most admired brands in Africa. MTN (JO: MTNJ ) dropped out of the Top 10, and all African brands lost ground, however, Zambia’s Trade Kings – the highest African mover climbed to #38 on the list.
- In a category specific ranking of the Top-25 financial service brands, Africa’s oldest banking group, Standard Bank (JO: SBKJ ), surged to the #1 most admired brand in Africa, displacing GTBank – which took the lead in the last 3 years. It is good to note that the category is dominated by South African (6) and Nigerian (6) brands which account for 48%
- In the Top 25 media brands, DSTV, consumer brand of Multichoice, retains its dominant ranking ahead of BBC and CNN, as Africa’s most admired media brand.
- MTN is the most admired African brand in the Top 100 brands, while Nigerian Dangote has retaken the lead as the most admired brand when respondents are prompted to recall and African brand specifically.
- African brands that best exemplify African pride are Dangote, Ethiopian Airlines and MTN.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.