Research firm CLSA upgraded Hindustan Unilever (LON: ULVR ) Ltd. (HUL) to a 'Buy' rating on Tuesday, buoyed by factors such as reasonable valuations, reduced competition, and an expected surge in rural demand following black-swan events. The firm also increased HUL's target price to ₹3,135, suggesting a 27% upside return potential.
Rural areas contribute approximately 40% of HUL's revenue. A recovery in these regions is anticipated due to increased spending anticipated in the second half of FY24 and a robust rabi crop following August rains. This rural market resurgence is a significant factor for HUL's positive outlook, given its substantial revenue share from these areas.
Despite challenges such as loss of market share in skincare and stagnant growth in health food drinks, optimism prevails due to diminished competition from direct-to-consumer (D2C) players and ongoing efforts in health food drinks market development.
On Tuesday, HUL shares traded higher than the NSE Nifty 50 . Bloomberg data indicates a 15.5% upside based on the average 12-month consensus price target. This upward trend aligns with CLSA's upgraded rating and increased target price, further solidifying the positive sentiment surrounding HUL's stock performance.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.