(Removes extraneous word in headline)
Nairobi, March 2 - The following company announcements, scheduled economic indicators, debt and currency market moves and political events may affect African markets on Tuesday.
- - - - -
Asia extended the global rally in stocks on Tuesday as a halt in a recent bond markets sell-off eased investor nerves and lifted riskier assets, although oil prices were on the defensive on fears of slowing Chinese energy consumption. MKTS/GLOB
WORLD OIL PRICES
When the world economy slammed on the brakes last year, there was a rush to store a wave of unwanted crude and products, but rising prices and optimism about demand is spurring a swift unwinding of storage contracts. O/R
EMERGING MARKETS For the top emerging markets news, double click on STOCKS For the latest news on African stocks, click on .J
SOUTH AFRICA MARKETS
South Africa's rand recovered on Monday from the previous session's four-week low against the U.S. dollar as global bond markets calmed after last week's sell-off. AFRICA BANKS
South Africa's Standard Bank (JO: SBKJ ) SBKJ.J has hired an independent environmental and social advisor to help assess its involvement in Total's TOTF.PA East African Crude Oil Pipeline that environmental groups have opposed, it said on Monday. MARKETS
Kenya's shilling KES= was stable on Monday mainly due to subdued demand for dollars, traders said. L5N2KZ184
Zimbabwe Vice President Kembo Mohadi resigned on Monday saying this was meant to save the image of the government following local media reports he had engaged in improper conduct. EBOLA
GOMA, Democratic Republic of Congo, March 1 (Reuters) - Three new cases of Ebola have been confirmed in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, bringing to 11 the number of cases since authorities declared a resurgence of the virus last month. COVID VACCINES
The new chief of the World Trade Organization (WTO) urged its member states on Monday to work with pharmaceutical companies to license more COVID-19 vaccine manufacturing in developing countries in order to triple global production. TESTING
For much of last year, the coronavirus crept, undetected, across eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. POLITICS
Authorities in Niger have brought eight charges against opposition leader Hama Amadou, including participation in an organization seeking to overthrow a democratic regime, one of his lawyers said on Monday. the latest precious metals report click on GOL/
For the latest base metals report click on MET/L
For the latest crude oil report click on O/L
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.