By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com -- Honest Company Inc (NASDAQ: HNST ) shares plunged 28% Friday on the back of the company's quarterly report, which saw it miss earnings and revenue expectations.
The consumer goods company reported a loss per share of $0.10 on revenue of $80.38 million. Analysts polled by Investing.com expected a loss per share of $0.07 on revenue of $84.65 million. Revenue rose 3% year-over-year.
While the company's diapers and wipes segment and skin and personal care segment saw a rise in revenue, 16%, and 26%, respectively, its household and wellness segment declined $9.7 million, or 68%, in the fourth quarter. The company put the decline down to reduced COVID-19 related consumer demand for sanitizing and disinfecting products and face masks.
In a further blow to shareholders, the company sees 2022 revenue as being approximately flat compared to 2021, with first-quarter revenue anticipated to decline about 15%.
Honest Company CEO Nick Vlahos said they "expect inflation and supply chain headwinds to continue to challenge the industry."
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.