The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Britannia Industries Ltd (NS: BRIT ), which rose 2.29% or 88.10 points to trade at 3930.90 at the close. Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ) added 2.07% or 17.30 points to end at 853.30 and HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ) was up 1.64% or 11.30 points to 698.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ), which lost 4.17% or 25.55 points to trade at 586.90 in late trade. JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ) declined 1.73% or 11.85 points to end at 672.00 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ) shed 1.53% or 102.85 points to 6608.60.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which rose 1.29% to 2230.65, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was up 1.18% to settle at 781.35 and HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which gained 1.13% to close at 1167.55.
The worst performers were Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was down 4.18% to 586.85 in late trade, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which lost 1.59% to settle at 6609.05 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was down 1.34% to 173.20 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 857 to 828 and 52 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1634 rose and 1396 declined, while 121 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.15% or 2.65 to $1788.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.85% or 0.58 to hit $67.78 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.72% or 0.51 to trade at $70.77 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.05% at 92.875.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.