The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Yes Bank Ltd (NS: YESB ), which rose 36.71% or 7.80 points to trade at 29.05 at the close. Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (NS: ZEE ) added 7.48% or 14.55 points to end at 209.00 and Bharti Infratel Ltd (NS: BHRI ) was up 6.61% or 13.95 points to 224.95 in late trade.
Biggest losers included GAIL Ltd (NS: GAIL ), which lost 10.20% or 10.25 points to trade at 90.20 in late trade. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) declined 7.76% or 25.00 points to end at 297.30 and Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) shed 6.95% or 7.35 points to 98.35.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Hero MotoCorp Ltd (BO: HROM ) which rose 4.08% to 2037.15, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was up 3.60% to settle at 1153.25 and ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which gained 1.80% to close at 465.40.
The worst performers were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was down 7.11% to 299.40 in late trade, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which lost 5.80% to settle at 853.65 and Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (BO: ONGC ) which was down 4.02% to 71.65 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 875 to 659 and 100 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1345 fell and 1005 advanced, while 158 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 2.45% to 31.5550 a new 5-year high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.18% or 3.00 to $1663.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 2.85% or 0.98 to hit $33.38 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 2.85% or 1.06 to trade at $36.16 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.70% to 73.627, while EUR/INR fell 0.33% to 83.3535.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 96.198.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.