The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ), which rose 3.11% or 617.60 points to trade at 20457.20 at the close. Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) added 2.74% or 18.30 points to end at 686.15 and Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) was up 2.69% or 3.20 points to 122.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ), which lost 3.84% or 46.85 points to trade at 1173.20 in late trade. Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ) declined 1.05% or 21.65 points to end at 2034.30 and HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ) shed 0.85% or 6.30 points to 737.35.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which rose 2.77% to 686.30, Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was up 2.39% to settle at 20351.75 and Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which gained 1.23% to close at 1447.40.
The worst performers were Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which was down 0.97% to 2037.00 in late trade, UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which lost 0.79% to settle at 7928.40 and Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which was down 0.70% to 3699.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 957 to 728 and 70 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1755 rose and 1281 declined, while 145 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.24% to 13.9425.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.21% or 3.75 to $1797.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.13% or 0.09 to hit $69.39 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.21% or 0.15 to trade at $72.75 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.32% to 73.530, while EUR/INR fell 0.15% to 87.0120.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 92.555.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.