The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ), which rose 2.82% or 55.30 points to trade at 2019.60 at the close. HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) added 2.08% or 23.10 points to end at 1133.15 and HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ) was up 1.94% or 13.00 points to 683.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (NS: BPCL ), which lost 2.49% or 9.40 points to trade at 367.45 in late trade. Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ) declined 2.12% or 16.25 points to end at 751.05 and Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ) shed 2.12% or 15.20 points to 701.95.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which rose 2.92% to 2020.20, HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which was up 2.25% to settle at 1132.70 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which gained 1.60% to close at 3500.70.
The worst performers were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 2.03% to 750.80 in late trade, NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which lost 1.71% to settle at 126.45 and AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was down 1.65% to 650.85 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1456 to 349 and 35 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2371 fell and 929 advanced, while 171 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 0.13% to 20.8300 a new 6-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.61% or 10.95 to $1799.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 4.92% or 3.35 to hit $71.50 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 4.58% or 3.28 to trade at $74.87 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.06% to 75.088, while EUR/INR fell 0.16% to 84.7840.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 96.165.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.