The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ), which rose 5.30% or 365.50 points to trade at 7265.40 at the close. UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ) added 3.92% or 30.30 points to end at 802.50 and Shree Cements Ltd. (NS: SHCM ) was up 3.59% or 1013.70 points to 29239.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ), which lost 1.88% or 57.75 points to trade at 3010.80 in late trade. Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) declined 1.62% or 99.20 points to end at 6016.80 and Nestle India Ltd (NS: NEST ) shed 1.20% or 212.60 points to 17436.55.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which rose 5.25% to 7263.75, Larsen & Toubro Ltd (BO: LART ) which was up 2.20% to settle at 1499.15 and UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which gained 1.11% to close at 6856.50.
The worst performers were Asian Paints Ltd. (BO: ASPN ) which was down 1.91% to 3010.85 in late trade, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which lost 1.61% to settle at 6017.40 and Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was down 1.08% to 17451.20 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1072 to 626 and 38 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1927 rose and 1163 declined, while 113 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.14% to 14.7375.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.10% or 1.85 to $1784.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.62% or 0.45 to hit $72.67 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.56% or 0.42 to trade at $74.48 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.25% to 74.316, while EUR/INR rose 0.07% to 88.3840.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 92.058.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.