The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ), which rose 3.95% or 57.75 points to trade at 1519.40 at the close. Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) added 3.58% or 220.60 points to end at 6377.15 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ) was up 2.65% or 20.65 points to 799.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ), which lost 2.50% or 175.35 points to trade at 6826.85 in late trade. Shree Cements Ltd. (NS: SHCM ) declined 2.26% or 600.40 points to end at 26000.00 and Bajaj Auto Ltd (NS: BAJA ) shed 2.02% or 77.30 points to 3748.45.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which rose 3.96% to 1519.15, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was up 3.64% to settle at 6376.35 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which gained 2.64% to close at 799.30.
The worst performers were Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was down 2.43% to 6828.80 in late trade, Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which lost 2.05% to settle at 3748.35 and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was down 2.00% to 180.95 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1220 to 493 and 52 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2057 fell and 1081 advanced, while 119 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 3.60% to 13.4575.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.05% or 0.95 to $1777.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 1.33% or 0.91 to hit $67.30 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 1.19% or 0.84 to trade at $69.75 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 92.567.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.