The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ), which rose 5.51% or 130.20 points to trade at 2492.60 at the close. Bajaj Auto Ltd (NS: BAJA ) added 3.29% or 126.65 points to end at 3978.75 and State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) was up 2.93% or 13.75 points to 483.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ), which lost 4.03% or 52.55 points to trade at 1250.35 in late trade. HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ) declined 1.92% or 13.80 points to end at 703.50 and Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) shed 1.84% or 25.75 points to 1374.45.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which rose 5.55% to 2494.35, Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which was up 3.28% to settle at 3978.15 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which gained 2.96% to close at 483.10.
The worst performers were HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which was down 4.04% to 1249.70 in late trade, Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which lost 1.84% to settle at 1374.45 and UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which was down 1.13% to 7252.35 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 878 to 842 and 57 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1682 rose and 1499 declined, while 114 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.48% to 15.8475.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.65% or 11.35 to $1767.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.15% or 0.12 to hit $80.64 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.20% or 0.17 to trade at $83.48 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.12% to 75.477, while EUR/INR fell 0.01% to 87.0620.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 94.507.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.