The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ), which rose 1.89% or 83.95 points to trade at 4519.65 at the close. ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ) added 1.49% or 9.40 points to end at 640.25 and Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) was up 1.48% or 31.10 points to 2129.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ), which lost 2.37% or 27.55 points to trade at 1136.00 in late trade. Britannia Industries Ltd (NS: BRIT ) declined 1.40% or 50.50 points to end at 3545.30 and JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ) shed 1.36% or 9.25 points to 671.30.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which rose 1.53% to 640.30, Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was up 1.50% to settle at 2129.20 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which gained 0.99% to close at 424.55.
The worst performers were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was down 2.36% to 1135.95 in late trade, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which lost 1.23% to settle at 228.05 and Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which was down 0.75% to 4174.10 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1007 to 668 and 51 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1825 rose and 1239 declined, while 121 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 5.84% to 12.0900 a new 52-week low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.61% or 10.85 to $1787.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.07% or 0.05 to hit $75.18 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.12% or 0.09 to trade at $75.75 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 92.620.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.