The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ), which rose 3.82% or 30.65 points to trade at 832.80 at the close. Wipro Ltd (NS: WIPR ) added 3.40% or 20.85 points to end at 634.90 and Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) was up 3.35% or 45.85 points to 1413.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ), which lost 2.28% or 17.40 points to trade at 744.25 in late trade. Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ) declined 2.02% or 14.25 points to end at 692.65 and Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) shed 1.98% or 6.00 points to 297.70.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which rose 3.21% to 1411.50, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was up 2.32% to settle at 3552.40 and Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which gained 2.30% to close at 18717.80.
The worst performers were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was down 1.78% to 1000.50 in late trade, NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which lost 1.26% to settle at 117.35 and Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was down 1.18% to 626.30 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 1148 to 547 and 31 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1968 fell and 1059 advanced, while 101 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 0.33% to 13.4125.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.39% or 7.05 to $1796.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.61% or 0.41 to hit $66.64 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 0.45% or 0.31 to trade at $69.20 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.27% to 74.358, while EUR/INR rose 0.19% to 87.5080.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 92.733.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.