The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (NS: HLL ), which rose 4.07% or 92.85 points to trade at 2,375.20 at the close. IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) added 3.07% or 24.80 points to end at 832.00 and Britannia Industries Ltd (NS: BRIT ) was up 2.96% or 106.10 points to 3,690.45 in late trade.
Biggest losers included JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ), which lost 4.72% or 27.35 points to trade at 551.50 in late trade. Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) declined 3.85% or 5.05 points to end at 126.00 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (NS: TCS ) shed 2.41% or 80.05 points to 3,235.05.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which rose 4.03% to 2,374.80, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was up 2.95% to settle at 831.35 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which gained 2.62% to close at 291.80.
The worst performers were Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was down 2.46% to 3,234.65 in late trade, Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which lost 2.15% to settle at 854.55 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was down 1.56% to 1,091.10 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1111 to 717 and 70 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1926 rose and 1339 declined, while 179 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.31% to 20.97.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.26% or 4.75 to $1,806.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.14% or 0.15 to hit $108.28 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.04% or 0.05 to trade at $111.58 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.02% to 78.93, while EUR/INR rose 0.25% to 82.51.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.23% at 104.67.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.