The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ), which rose 3.84% or 98.85 points to trade at 2671.25 at the close. Wipro Ltd (NS: WIPR ) added 2.83% or 18.20 points to end at 661.15 and Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) was up 1.94% or 32.85 points to 1723.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ), which lost 1.53% or 18.60 points to trade at 1196.45 in late trade. NTPC Ltd (NS: NTPC ) declined 1.19% or 1.70 points to end at 141.10 and Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) shed 1.18% or 2.25 points to 188.45.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which rose 3.84% to 2670.85, Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was up 1.91% to settle at 1723.55 and Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which gained 1.61% to close at 1440.00.
The worst performers were NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which was down 1.16% to 141.10 in late trade, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which lost 1.16% to settle at 2640.30 and Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which was down 0.88% to 7425.75 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 929 to 784 and 55 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1746 rose and 1391 declined, while 137 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 3.11% to 15.6525.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.04% or 0.65 to $1759.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.86% or 0.67 to hit $78.97 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.81% or 0.66 to trade at $82.61 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.23% to 74.980, while EUR/INR rose 0.37% to 86.7220.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 94.165.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.