India shares higher at close of trade; Nifty 50 up 0.67%
Investing.com – India equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Metals , Public Sector Undertakings and Green Energy sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in NSE, the Nifty 50 gained 0.67%, while the BSE Sensex 30 index climbed 0.52%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ), which rose 7.40% or 81.45 points to trade at 1182.35 at the close. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) added 3.93% or 15.15 points to end at 401.10 and JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ) was up 3.72% or 27.15 points to 756.95 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bajaj Auto Ltd (NS: BAJA ), which lost 1.89% or 74.45 points to trade at 3866.75 in late trade. Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) declined 1.80% or 52.50 points to end at 2860.80 and Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) shed 1.07% or 26.10 points to 2417.15.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (BO: HDFC ) which rose 2.70% to 2496.25, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which was up 2.68% to settle at 767.15 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which gained 2.62% to close at 11319.05.
The worst performers were Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which was down 2.00% to 3865.00 in late trade, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which lost 0.69% to settle at 5491.05 and Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which was down 0.64% to 1352.40 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 917 to 727 and 70 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1622 rose and 1265 declined, while 146 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 5.50% to 20.8225.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.28% or 5.00 to $1820.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.11% or 0.07 to hit $64.78 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.12% or 0.08 to trade at $68.17 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.12% to 73.510, while EUR/INR fell 0.01% to 88.7780.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 90.812.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or