The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ), which rose 4.98% or 852.95 points to trade at 17988.40 at the close. Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ) added 4.46% or 327.80 points to end at 7670.80 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ) was up 3.75% or 69.55 points to 1922.15 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ), which lost 2.92% or 52.25 points to trade at 1737.55 in late trade. Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) declined 2.87% or 54.50 points to end at 1844.65 and HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ) shed 1.70% or 22.70 points to 1310.75.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which rose 5.09% to 17983.00, Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which was up 4.44% to settle at 7668.55 and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (BO: KTKM ) which gained 3.70% to close at 1921.65.
The worst performers were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was down 2.87% to 1736.05 in late trade, Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which lost 2.71% to settle at 1844.95 and HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which was down 1.69% to 1311.40 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 922 to 868 and 29 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1749 rose and 1524 declined, while 94 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 6.87% to 17.2275.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.24% or 4.35 to $1818.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.16% or 0.12 to hit $76.87 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.08% or 0.06 to trade at $79.94 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.17% to 74.372, while EUR/INR rose 0.06% to 84.1225.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.17% at 96.110.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.