The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ), which rose 6.02% or 141.55 points to trade at 2492.95 at the close. Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) added 2.50% or 117.10 points to end at 4799.80 and ITC Ltd (NS: ITC ) was up 1.58% or 3.60 points to 231.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (NS: IOC ), which lost 1.53% or 1.95 points to trade at 125.65 in late trade. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ) declined 1.26% or 96.95 points to end at 7572.50 and Britannia Industries Ltd (NS: BRIT ) shed 1.20% or 43.35 points to 3580.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which rose 6.10% to 2494.40, ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was up 1.49% to settle at 231.30 and Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which gained 1.47% to close at 1722.45.
The worst performers were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was down 1.27% to 959.10 in late trade, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which lost 1.23% to settle at 7569.95 and ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which was down 1.22% to 750.90 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1126 to 636 and 38 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2053 rose and 1140 declined, while 113 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.53% to 16.6625.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.35% or 6.25 to $1790.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 0.64% or 0.50 to hit $77.89 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.46% or 0.38 to trade at $81.87 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.13% to 74.509, while EUR/INR rose 0.09% to 83.6000.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 96.727.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.