The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ), which rose 10.87% or 16.05 points to trade at 163.65 at the close. IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) added 4.36% or 48.80 points to end at 1168.60 and Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) was up 4.21% or 8.00 points to 197.95 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ), which lost 2.40% or 22.95 points to trade at 934.55 in late trade. Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) declined 2.06% or 10.40 points to end at 495.30 and Shree Cements Ltd. (NS: SHCM ) shed 1.84% or 539.30 points to 28750.00.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which rose 4.60% to 1171.05, Bharti Airtel Ltd (BO: BRTI ) which was up 2.66% to settle at 699.25 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which gained 2.08% to close at 2609.10.
The worst performers were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 1.36% to 820.35 in late trade, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which lost 0.91% to settle at 189.80 and ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 0.76% to 234.75 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1074 to 637 and 57 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1959 rose and 1153 declined, while 155 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.02% to 16.3975.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.63% or 11.20 to $1756.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.49% or 0.38 to hit $78.00 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.64% or 0.52 to trade at $81.78 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.08% to 74.511, while EUR/INR fell 0.26% to 86.4215.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.18% at 93.948.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.