The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (NS: MRTI ), which rose 6.83% or 550.30 points to trade at 8602.60 at the close. AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ) added 6.76% or 47.60 points to end at 752.20 and State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) was up 4.15% or 20.50 points to 514.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wipro Ltd (NS: WIPR ), which lost 1.75% or 10.05 points to trade at 562.70 in late trade. Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) declined 1.13% or 178.20 points to end at 15528.95 and Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ) shed 1.10% or 26.55 points to 2376.50.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (BO: MRTI ) which rose 6.88% to 8600.60, AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was up 6.76% to settle at 751.95 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which gained 4.20% to close at 514.85.
The worst performers were Wipro Ltd (BO: WIPR ) which was down 1.75% to 562.85 in late trade, Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which lost 1.16% to settle at 15526.35 and Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which was down 0.98% to 2379.40 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1189 to 625 and 18 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1923 rose and 1324 declined, while 88 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 6.43% to 21.3575.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.24% or 4.45 to $1837.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.02% or 0.85 to hit $84.16 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 1.08% or 0.92 to trade at $86.35 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.31% to 74.798, while EUR/INR fell 0.10% to 84.4020.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.27% at 96.160.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.