The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which rose 5.24% or 27.05 points to trade at 543.15 at the close. Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) added 4.45% or 76.40 points to end at 1792.15 and Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) was up 3.41% or 48.85 points to 1479.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included HCL Technologies Ltd (NS: HCLT ), which lost 2.38% or 29.75 points to trade at 1221.40 in late trade. Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ) declined 2.20% or 20.45 points to end at 910.95 and Asian Paints Ltd. (NS: ASPN ) shed 1.71% or 56.30 points to 3241.50.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which rose 4.47% to 1792.15, Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was up 3.36% to settle at 1478.30 and Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which gained 2.73% to close at 1411.10.
The worst performers were HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which was down 2.36% to 1221.35 in late trade, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which lost 2.24% to settle at 910.80 and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was down 1.73% to 4873.85 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 887 to 852 and 43 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1702 rose and 1562 declined, while 154 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 8.99% to 17.1850.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.33% or 5.85 to $1762.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 1.63% or 1.33 to hit $83.06 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.20% or 1.02 to trade at $85.88 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.44% to 75.345, while EUR/INR rose 0.31% to 87.3065.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.17% at 94.097.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.