The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Titan Company Ltd (NS: TITN ), which rose 4.32% or 105.00 points to trade at 2536.75 at the close. Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (NS: IOC ) added 4.31% or 5.80 points to end at 140.45 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ) was up 4.12% or 725.75 points to 18319.75 in late trade.
Biggest losers included IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ), which lost 10.76% or 127.95 points to trade at 1061.15 in late trade. Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) declined 5.98% or 311.35 points to end at 4896.70 and Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ) shed 1.37% or 12.00 points to 860.85.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which rose 4.29% to 2536.90, UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which was up 4.20% to settle at 8208.00 and Bajaj Finserv Ltd (BO: BJFS ) which gained 4.15% to close at 18326.85.
The worst performers were IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was down 10.71% to 1061.45 in late trade, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which lost 1.57% to settle at 859.25 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was down 1.38% to 523.15 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 947 to 823 and 51 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1746 rose and 1522 declined, while 186 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was up 3.76% to 16.3400.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.11% or 1.95 to $1818.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 1.44% or 1.17 to hit $82.44 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.18% or 0.98 to trade at $83.72 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.19% to 74.032, while EUR/INR fell 0.17% to 85.6430.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 94.250.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.