The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ), which rose 5.29% or 52.90 points to trade at 1,052.00 at the close. JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ) added 4.40% or 23.25 points to end at 551.70 and Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd. (NS: APLH ) was up 3.93% or 138.50 points to 3,662.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ITC Ltd (NS: ITC ), which lost 2.20% or 6.00 points to trade at 266.70 in late trade. UPL Ltd (NS: UPLL ) declined 2.17% or 16.55 points to end at 747.45 and Divi's Laboratories Ltd. (NS: DIVI ) shed 2.01% or 70.65 points to 3,448.70.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which rose 5.27% to 1,051.85, State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which was up 3.26% to settle at 469.00 and HDFC Bank Ltd (BO: HDBK ) which gained 2.96% to close at 1,367.70.
The worst performers were ITC Ltd (BO: ITC ) which was down 2.13% to 266.85 in late trade, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which lost 1.16% to settle at 900.55 and Reliance Industries Ltd (BO: RELI ) which was down 0.91% to 2,587.45 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1039 to 801 and 40 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1666 rose and 1526 declined, while 127 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 10.15% to 22.72.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.09% or 1.73 to $1,844.57 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.95% or 1.05 to hit $111.38 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.63% or 0.70 to trade at $111.82 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.12% to 77.54, while EUR/INR rose 0.44% to 83.14.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.26% at 101.81.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.