The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (NS: MAHM ), which rose 4.36% or 44.80 points to trade at 1,072.50 at the close. Hero MotoCorp Ltd (NS: HROM ) added 2.84% or 75.90 points to end at 2,750.00 and IndusInd Bank Ltd. (NS: INBK ) was up 2.75% or 21.55 points to 806.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ), which lost 1.00% or 9.90 points to trade at 981.20 in late trade. Infosys Ltd (NS: INFY ) declined 0.78% or 11.35 points to end at 1,441.10 and Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (NS: TCS ) shed 0.47% or 15.70 points to 3,293.10.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (BO: MAHM ) which rose 4.28% to 1,072.05, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which was up 2.59% to settle at 807.00 and Bajaj Finance Ltd (BO: BJFN ) which gained 2.58% to close at 5,588.00.
The worst performers were Tech Mahindra Ltd (BO: TEML ) which was down 1.03% to 980.95 in late trade, Infosys Ltd (BO: INFY ) which lost 0.77% to settle at 1,442.05 and HCL Technologies Ltd (BO: HCLT ) which was down 0.50% to 966.55 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1472 to 360 and 42 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2305 rose and 887 declined, while 140 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 1.58% to 20.55.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.04% or 0.65 to $1,829.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 1.58% or 1.65 to hit $105.92 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.49% or 1.64 to trade at $111.69 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.22% to 78.32, while EUR/INR rose 0.39% to 82.56.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.18% at 104.00.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.