The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (NS: IOC ), which rose 4.28% or 4.80 points to trade at 117.05 at the close. Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ) added 3.93% or 32.35 points to end at 855.00 and Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ) was up 3.61% or 23.85 points to 683.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ), which lost 4.81% or 29.80 points to trade at 589.95 in late trade. Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) declined 4.20% or 7.85 points to end at 179.10 and Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) shed 1.73% or 22.40 points to 1,269.50.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which rose 3.99% to 855.55, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which was up 3.29% to settle at 3,599.95 and NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which gained 2.77% to close at 133.60.
The worst performers were Tata Steel Ltd (BO: TISC ) which was down 1.73% to 1,269.35 in late trade, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which lost 0.49% to settle at 212.05 and Titan Company Ltd (BO: TITN ) which was down 0.32% to 2,382.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 1326 to 471 and 36 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 2177 rose and 1045 declined, while 98 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.53% to 28.59.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.76% or 15.15 to $2,011.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 3.11% or 3.71 to hit $123.11 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 3.37% or 4.15 to trade at $127.36 a barrel.
USD/INR was down 0.17% to 76.95, while EUR/INR rose 0.22% to 83.70.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 99.17.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.