The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (NS: APSE ), which rose 7.09% or 53.80 points to trade at 812.80 at the close. Wipro Ltd (NS: WIPR ) added 5.30% or 35.65 points to end at 708.25 and Grasim Industries Ltd (NS: GRAS ) was up 4.50% or 75.45 points to 1752.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ), which lost 3.29% or 6.25 points to trade at 183.80 in late trade. Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ) declined 1.83% or 9.30 points to end at 497.60 and Eicher Motors Ltd. (NS: EICH ) shed 1.81% or 52.55 points to 2853.20.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which unchanged 0.00% to 19319.45, AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which was unchanged 0.00% to settle at 802.00 and Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which unchanged 0.00% to close at 3963.00.
The worst performers were Nestle India Ltd (BO: NEST ) which was unchanged 0.00% to 19319.45 in late trade, AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which unchanged 0.00% to settle at 802.00 and Bajaj Auto Ltd (BO: BAJA ) which was unchanged 0.00% to 3963.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 0 to 0; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 0 fell and 0 advanced on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.07% to 15.7675.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 1.65% or 29.70 to $1768.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $81.73 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.00% or 0.84 to trade at $84.84 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.07% to 75.030, while EUR/INR rose 0.12% to 87.0350.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.00% at 93.960.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.