The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were AXIS Bank Ltd (NS: AXBK ), which rose 6.21% or 46.60 points to trade at 797.00 at the close. ICICI Bank Ltd (NS: ICBK ) added 4.17% or 27.00 points to end at 674.60 and State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) was up 4.03% or 15.85 points to 409.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: SBIL ), which lost 2.27% or 20.35 points to trade at 876.50 in late trade. HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd (NS: HDFL ) declined 2.05% or 14.60 points to end at 696.35 and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (NS: REDY ) shed 1.80% or 86.25 points to 4705.75.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were AXIS Bank Ltd. (BO: AXBK ) which rose 6.22% to 797.00, ICICI Bank Ltd (BO: ICBK ) which was up 4.12% to settle at 674.20 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which gained 3.52% to close at 407.05.
The worst performers were Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (BO: REDY ) which was down 1.79% to 4709.50 in late trade, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (BO: TCS ) which lost 1.29% to settle at 3150.00 and Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (BO: HLL ) which was down 1.16% to 2215.85 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 953 to 718 and 68 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1639 fell and 1300 advanced, while 144 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.57% to 21.4750 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.23% or 4.15 to $1819.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.82% or 1.08 to hit $60.55 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 1.30% or 0.81 to trade at $63.24 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.06% to 72.626, while EUR/INR rose 0.19% to 88.1205.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 90.343.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.