The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50 were NTPC Ltd (NS: NTPC ), which rose 5.48% or 6.90 points to trade at 132.90 at the close. Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (NS: ONGC ) added 3.32% or 4.75 points to end at 147.80 and State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) was up 2.70% or 12.70 points to 483.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tata Motors Ltd (NS: TAMO ), which lost 1.61% or 8.00 points to trade at 489.60 in late trade. Coal India Ltd (NS: COAL ) declined 1.48% or 2.30 points to end at 153.00 and Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ) shed 1.33% or 11.25 points to 837.70.
The top performers on the BSE Sensex 30 were NTPC Ltd (BO: NTPC ) which rose 5.48% to 132.90, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (BO: PGRD ) which was up 2.73% to settle at 210.50 and State Bank Of India (BO: SBI ) which gained 2.69% to close at 483.50.
The worst performers were Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (BO: SUN ) which was down 1.21% to 837.95 in late trade, IndusInd Bank Ltd. (BO: INBK ) which lost 0.90% to settle at 904.20 and UltraTech Cement Ltd (BO: ULTC ) which was down 0.85% to 7655.80 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 919 to 879 and 22 ended unchanged; on the Bombay Stock Exchange, 1808 rose and 1464 declined, while 102 ended unchanged on the India National Stock Exchange.
The India VIX , which measures the implied volatility of Nifty 50 options, was down 2.02% to 16.1200.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.36% or 6.50 to $1806.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.80% or 0.61 to hit $76.69 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.75% or 0.59 to trade at $79.57 a barrel.
USD/INR was up 0.29% to 74.588, while EUR/INR rose 0.38% to 84.3140.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.00% at 96.215.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.